Please visit the "Clapton Village Hall" Facebook page for further information: Clapton Village Hall
The land on which Clapton Village Hall is built was formerly owned by Christ Church College Oxford. In 1904 Richard Batt proposed to Somerset Education Committee that the site should be obtained for a school for Clapton, but the plan did not come to fruition.
A few years later, before the First World War, a wooden and galvanised-iron village hall was built on what is now the front car park. The hall was registered as a charity in 1935. The present hall was constructed in 1983.