See the Ston Easton Village Hall website for full details: stoneastonvillagehall.org.uk
The original "Red Room", so called because of its red roof and wholly red outside, started life in a yard at the upper end of the village, and Comdr. Hippisley's sister, Miss Ivy Hippisley, held numerous dances and dancing classes there. In about 1908 it was moved to a position behind the row of cottages on Green Street, close to the current building's location.
The surrounding land was originally owned by the Hippisley family, and was given to the village in trust in 1949, and "The Red Room" was established as a registered charity in 1967. Since then there have been many changes. The original building was replaced by another wooden building alongide the playing field, and later a village club was built. In 2009 the defunct village club building was converted into a new village hall. In 2020 a new refurbishmenbt project was started to carry out essential repairs and improve the facilities.